Get on bord
RAUM is currently provided via invitation only. To apply for RAUM follow the next steps
Gather your account information
To provide access to RAUM via Beta Channel Release, we need a few information of your account to prepare your access to RAUM
Your Name displayed in RAUM for your avatar
An email address to invite you to an onboarding session
Your email address that is registered at oculus (Invitiation)
Your oculus username (Acces to RAUM)
Open the Oculus app on your smartphone
Click open „settings“ from the bottom menu
provide the email address for invitiation
and your username for authorization
Get the email address shown reight below your name.
Tap on your profile and your avatar appears
Get your oculus username from below your profile icon
(User names do not contain any spaces)
provide a name that you want to appear on your avatar
please send the collected information to your contact person.
Your diaplay Name and your contact email address.
Your email address that is registered at oculus and your oculus username
Then it takes some time for us to process your application!
Follow the invitation send from Oculus
Check your spam folder if you do not receive any message
Put on your headset
Search for RAUM in your Oculus Quest Store
Sometimes the application does not appear automically. If searching for RAUM does not bring up any results, go to applications and filter for not installed on this device.
Install RAUM on your device
Install RAUM on your device
After you first started the app, it will ask for serveral permissions, you will need to grant any of these, so RAUM can operate propperly.
Sometimes not all permissions are asked at the first run. Therefore we recommend restarting the app before the first use.
Familiarize yourself with the user interface
Take a look at the controls and flip through the pages to learn the first steps. Check the mirror to see if your avatar’s appearance matches your next meeting
Be prepaired for your next meeting
Make sure your Headset and your Controllers are fully charged
Make sure you have freed enough space around you
Make sure your Oculus Quest is connected with your WiFi
(Do not use Guest WiFi / Prefer to use 5Ghz )
Provide a stable internet connection with low ping
(Use a personal hotspot if you have a bad connection)
Turn up your volume and unmute your microphone
Dail into your workspace
Simply touch the number pads with your virtual finger.
If the code responds in green, you have granted access. If the code turns red, you are not allowed to access this specific workspace or an connection error occured.
I cannot login
- Wait for host is displayed, therefore you can join when a host is present
- The maximum number of participants for this workspace has reached
- The internet connection / WiFi you are using is not forewarding all ports
- You are not registered for this workspace
- Your Oculus Account Name is provided incorrectly or is registered incorrectly
- You have no internet connection at the moment
I do not have audio
- Bring your devide volume up to the maximum
- Check the permissions set for RAUM
- Unmute your microphone in the device settings
- Disable and enable WiFi on your quest
- Switch to a WiFi without port blocking (No Guest WiFi)
- Switch to a personal hotspot
- Update to the latest OS and RAUM release version
- Reboot your device
- Open RAUM and touch the small „i“ button below the slides, to see your connection status
- Unmute your self by thouching the mute button on your wrist watch
No one can hear me
Do not stream to other devices! When chrome casting or facebook live is activated, the operating system is routing your microphone to the device you are streaming to.
- 1. Do not cast to a chromecast device or a browser
- 2. Do not share via facebook live
Check your permissions set for RAUM! Give access to the microphone, location and storage.
Reboot your Quest
My avatar is grey
- Do not wear virtual eyewear
- Try to look as you as possible
- Choose the right gender for you